Brickcom Announces WRT-750N Wireless Video Router for High-Quality Multi-Megapixel Video Streaming
Brickcom is pleased to announce the new product in the BrickOne Solution® family: the WRT-750N 802.11a/b/g/n simultaneous dual-band wireless video router. This product is focused on providing the high-quality wireless link for video streaming, and is the perfect match for the Brickcom wireless IP cameras for places where running the network cable is difficult.
It’s no doubt the number of wireless client devices (laptops, smartphones, etc.) and access points are growing at an unprecedented rate. Furthermore, most of these wireless devices operate on the 2.4GHz band. Almost everywhere one goes, the 2.4GHz channels are crowded with the user traffic, and this situation makes the wireless video streaming hard to realize, which requires steady transmission rate and low transmission delay.
The WRT-750N addresses this issue by offering the 5GHz wireless channels, which are less used, less intefered, and more suitable for wireless video streaming. Moreover, the WRT-750N features the following to meet the needs for the wireless video surveillance applications:
1. Advanced MIMO technology and multi-antenna design to support max 450Mbps on the 5GHz band and max 300Mbps on the 2.4GHz band.
2. Automatically seaching for the best-quality wireless channel for use.
3. Gigabit Ethernet ports (1 for WAN and 4 for LAN).
4. WMM (Wi-Fi Multimedia) is supported to prioritize the video streaming data on the wireless channel. For WMM to be really working, the wireless client device also needs to support WMM, and the Brickcom wireless IP cameras do support WMM.
5. Internet QoS is supported to prioritize the outgoing video streaming data transmission for the remote view purpose.
6. The USB storage is supported for the WRT-750N to work as an FTP server or a network drive for storing the video recordings.
7. Up to 8 guest wireless networks can be configured (4 on the 2.4GHz band and 4 on the 5 GHz band) to manage the video surveillance traffic and the typical user traffic separately and differently.
The WRT-750N is the next-generation product for the DWRT-600N, and shows Brickcom’s continued effort in providing the best wireless IP surveillance solution.
The WRT-750N will be available in April, 2014.